Willamette Valley Wine Region
Plan an Oregon Wine Country Getaway
The Willamette Valley wine region is often compared to France’s Burgundy for its beautiful topography and climate. With the scores of highly acclaimed and awarded wines produced in the Willamette Valley, our wine region is considered one of the world's best, though production only started in the 1970’s and its official appellation was in 1984.
With 12,000 grape growing acres, the Valley is also home to hiking trails, bike paths, farmers markets and covered bridges, making Oregon wine country a perfect destination for an at-once energizing and relaxing getaway.
Customize an itinerary by combining your “wish list” with unfamiliar wines definitely worth the taste. While many wineries do not have official tasting rooms, our concierge staff will make an effort to schedule personal appointments. We can also arrange shipments back to your home, if laws permit.
Highlights from our award-winning wine list:
- Extensive wines-by-the-glass selection, taste either by 1/2 glass or 5 ounces
- Good selection of half bottles
- Large selection of Champagne & Sparkling wines
- Creative flights (3 or 4 tastings) in categories; Pinot Gris, Pinot Noirs, Northwest Pinot Noirs, A Trip Around the World, Chardonnays
- Selections from California, France, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Chile, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia
- Large format bottles for special occasions or large gatherings
- Note: Corkage fee $25 per bottle (maximum 2 bottles per party), applied to wines not purchased directly from JORY.
Traditionally, the Valley promotes tasting season from Memorial Day through Thanksgiving weekends. Visitors enjoy Open Houses not otherwise available to the public. For more information, please visit Willamette Wines.
Our mission is to introduce and educate guests and locals to a vast collection of wine growing regions, while showcasing Oregon’s best. Join us for an overview of Willamette Valley wine during our complimentary Celebrity Wine-Tender Tasting each Thursday from 6:30 –7:30 pm in the Living Room.